Friday, May 15, 2020

EVERYBODY NEEDS A ROCK!

When I was a young man, my Dad was my rock. He was my provider, protector and was always there for me. He offered me wisdom, counsel and any kind of help I needed. He taught me about Jesus Christ and salvation. He went to church with me. He lived the life before me. He loved me unconditionally and was always, and I mean always, there for me and my three sisters! Then in 1989, he died suddenly and that rock was gone. 

In the Wednesday Night Bible Study on Psalm 46, the last of my three points was that the Lord is our Rock. See Psalm 46:8-11. He is always with us. He loves us unconditionally. He has promised to meet all our needs. He never forgets about us. He loads us with daily benefits! See Psalm 68:19! What a verse! And, He has promised to take us to heaven when we die AND re-unite us with our saved loved ones! What a God!

Do you have a Rock you can lean on? Call on in times of crises and need? Allow me to recommend Jesus Christ to you as your Rock. Read Psalm 18:31 and 46, 31:3, 95:1. Everybody needs a Rock like that!

That is why I love the hymn "The Solid Rock":

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly lean on Jesus' name

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand!

Jesus is my Rock! Who is your rock?

1 comment: