Friday, May 22, 2020

LORD OF PROVIDENCE!

It is really easy for us to get so caught up in the daily news, the weather, COVID 19, our jobs or family ... that we forget that the Lord of Providence really cares about us. The affairs of our lives can easily block the truth and reality of God's care for us. To all His children, God says, "I love you and I care about what you do today. I care where you go and who you go with ... I care about your work day ... I care about your health ... I care about your relationships ... but I care the most about your spiritual growth and maturity as a member of my family." Read II Peter 3:18.

How do I know that the Lord cares about me and my life? That's a good question and the Bible has a great answer! He tells us:

1. Jeremiah 33:3 "I have loved you with an everlasting love."

2. I Peter 5:7 - "casting all your anxieties upon him, because He cares for you."

3. Psalm 68:19 - "Blessed be the LORD, who daily loads us with benefits..."

4. Psalm 55:22 - "Cast your burden on the LORD and He shall sustain you."

But He not only just tells us, He shows us in many, many ways. Look at your life, count your blessings, list your benefits and all the things for which you should be grateful. We see that love and care most supremely in the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. There, as He shed His precious blood, He says to His people, "I love you and I care about you... forever." Think about that truth today as you live. God cares, really cares about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment