Saturday, August 15, 2020

A BIBLICAL INVITATION

Has anyone ever walked up to you and said, “God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life?”

 

What was your response? Did you say, “that’s great. I love me, too and I am certainly glad to know that God loves me as well. This is wonderful. And you say that He has a wonderful plan for my life as well? That is great for I have a truly wonderful plan for my life as well. And you tell me that if I accept Him into my life, I will have my best life now and He will take me to heaven when I die. Is that what you mean?”

 

Have you ever been party to conversations like that?

Does that describe your conversion experience?

If you have, is that Biblical salvation?

Where is any consideration of repentance? Mark 1:15

Where is any talk about the meaning of the Gospel? Romans 1:16

How can a holy God be just and at the same time forgive my sin? Romans 3:21-26

 

Listen --- you cannot start with God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life! You must start with the Biblical teaching about who God is --- just, holy, righteous and merciful. You must tell that person that he/she is a sinner and must repent of those sins and believe what the Bible says about the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. AND … you must tell them it will cost them everything to be a follower of Christ! Matthew 16:24; Luke 14:25-33.

 

We must tell them the TRUTH about God, man, sin, salvation and Jesus Christ! Only then will they grasp the true meaning of Biblical salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment