Friday, August 21, 2020

BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE!

 I am sure that you have heard that saying before. And I am even more certain that there have been times in your life when you have found yourself in a similar predicament. What does a person do when he/she finds themselves between a rock and a hard place? When you must choose sides? When you must come to a crossroad? When you must decide?

 

Life is filled with choices. And all choices have definite consequences.

 

Money --- save it or spend it?

 

Job --- take it or stay where I am?

 

Marriage --- work it out or walk away?

 

America --- love it or leave it?

 

Truth --- give in or stand tall?

 

Religion --- believe in Christ or not?

 

Church --- serve or be content on the outside?

 

When I have found myself between a rock and a hard place, the first thing I want to know is: what God says about it? What does Scripture teach? What is the best way to go forward? He alone is omniscient and knows my future.

 

Secondly, I pray for wisdom and strength.

Thirdly, I may talk to a trusted friend.

Lastly, I “cogitate” on it a little. Think about it. Roll it over in my mind.

Then, I make my decision and move forward, knowing that I have done my best!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment