Sunday, August 30, 2020

THE WORK OF JESUS CHRIST

 WEEK ONE: ETERNAL SECURITY OF THE BELIEVER

 

DAY FOUR: THE INCOMPARABLE WORK OF CHRIST

 

MEMORY VERSE: “These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know you have eternal life.” I John 5:13

 

What everyone believes about salvation can be boiled down to one simple question: is your salvation based upon your works or the grace of God? Upon what you do or upon what God has done in Christ? Usually, your answer will determine if you believe that you can lose your salvation. Most people believe that you can make it to heaven by merely “doing the best you can…trying harder…and being a good person.” And if you stop being a “good person” you will end up in Hell ultimately.

 

The testimony of the Bible is that your salvation was the work of a merciful Savior. It is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ that we are saved! It was His death upon a cross that secured my salvation. He paid my sin debt. He endured my condemnation and guilt. He experienced the wrath of God upon sin in my behalf. He reconciled me to God. He paid the price for my redemption. Jesus did it all!

 

Look at Ephesians 2:8-9

Read Titus 3:5

Observe, please Hebrews 10:14

 

Is your assurance of heaven based upon what you do or upon what Jesus Christ has done for you?

 

Thank God today for the blessed assurance that comes from knowing what Christ accomplished when he died on the cross!


Direct all questions and comments to:  jblackwood1946@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment