Monday, November 30, 2020

JESUS IS THE BREAD OF LIFE

 THE BREAD OF LIFE


TEXT; “Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life; he who comes to me shall never hunger and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.”   John 6:35


My wife is a maker of homemade bread and it is absolutely delicious! It is far better than the bread you can buy at the supermarket. Not even close. I am not sure exactly how she does it but I do know that she has a “little friend” who is the starter jar and she calls him Henry. She takes ole Henry, adds some bread flour and yeast and mixes it all up and eureka > the best bread you will ever put in your mouth.


I know another Bread Maker whose name is Jesus. His bread is better than my wife’s bread. His bread is satisfying and filling and eternally gratifying. If you eat that bread --- which is necessary for spiritual birth and growth --- you never never hunger and you will never thirst! 


Humans need bread for sustenance of physical life. You will not live long without some kind of food. It is also true --- spiritually speaking. We need the bread that Christ offers. That bread will save and satisfy your soul forever and ever. Jesus makes this statement the day after He had fed the 5,000 with the five loaves and two little fish. And with food left over. Lots of food left over.


Have you ever tasted that bread? Jesus is the bread of life --- spiritual and eternal life and can only be found in Him! Only Jesus can truly satisfy your soul!


"Only Jesus Can Satisfy Your Soul" cover Lanny Wolfe - Curtis Fuller Jr 



No comments:

Post a Comment