Tuesday, November 17, 2020

KNOWING CHRIST (6)

 KNOWING CHRIST (6)


TEXT: “Thus says the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom; let not the mighty man glory in his might; let not the rich man glory in his riches; but let him who glories, glory in this,

that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment and righteousness in the earth, for in these things, I delight, says the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24



The above scripture is one of the greatest Scripture passages in all the Bible! With only a few exceptions. I have known the Lord for over 60 years and still feel like I am really just beginning to know Him. I owe a great debt to my parents, my wife, my family, my churches, my friends, and fellow Christians. I fell in love with the Bible a long time ago and it has been my constant companion.


I majored in history in college and got to study about a group of people called the Puritans. Those people knew the Lord and have strongly influenced my life. They were theological giants.

They had a depth and maturity to them that was astounding.


They were prolific writers. Unparalleled in all of human history! Men such as John Owen, Richard Baxter, Richard Sibbes, Thomas Hooker, Jonathan Edwards and many others!

They were a happy and joyful people.

Worship was life’s primary activity.

Their writings stressed a God centeredness that is unequaled.

They insisted on the primacy of the mind, and that truth could enter the heart only through the instrument of the mind.

They practiced the art of self denial and discipline in the Christian life.

They demanded humility, patience and steadiness.

They fully realized that sanctified suffering was an opportunity for growth in grace!

They acknowledged that the Holy Spirit was given to produce Christlike character.


I ask you again: do you know the LORD? He delights in your knowing Him!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joJ0IjxZm6g 



No comments:

Post a Comment