Thursday, November 26, 2020

JESUS IS OUR ADVOCATE

 JESUS IS OUR ADVOCATE 



TEXT: “My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.”   I John 2:1


John the Apostle wrote the epistle of I John when he was an older man and verse1 begins with a term of endearment: “my little children.” He wanted them to know that he loved them and cared for them and wanted them to live for Christ. He also knew that believers do sin and when we do, he wants us to know that we have an Advocate who represents us before God.


Satan is called the accuser of the brethren and we can be certain that he accuses us before God as he did with Job. When Satan brings accusations against us before God, then Jesus steps up as our Advocate. He represents us before God. He pleads our cause and our case. He tells the Father, “I called them, I know them, I died for them, they are mine and belong to me.”


Poof! The accusations vanish because of the Advocate. He is Jesus Christ the righteous. The holy one. The one who kept that law in my stead. On my behalf. In my place. He lived sinlessly and righteously and now sits at the right hand of God and represents us before God!


There is no one who would ever advocate for you like Jesus!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjeYvhjJO_g 


No comments:

Post a Comment