Sunday, November 15, 2020

KNOWING CHRIST (4)

 KNOWING CHRIST (4)


TEXT: “And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.”  John 17:3


Knowing Christ includes loving Christ! You cannot love someone if you do not know them. It is impossible! But the more you get to know someone, the more you are able to love them. And this is especially true with Christ.


In John 14:23-24 we find these stunning words of Jesus, “if anyone loves me, he will keep my word (or commandments) and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the father’s, who sent me.”


Do you find those words of Jesus challenging? Convicting?

If you say you love Christ --- you must first know Him.

If you say you know Him --- then you will obey Him.

The question before us today is simply this: how much value do you place on the commandments of Jesus Christ?

Are we living in obedience to His word?  

Are we ignorant and neglectful of His word?

Maybe you simply don’t care.


I John  5:3 “For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments, and His commandments are not burdensome.”



Knowing and loving and obeying are triplet truths! And each should be a critical part of every believer’s life!


No comments:

Post a Comment