Tuesday, December 15, 2020

THE PLEASING OF CHRIST

 THE PLEASING OF CHRIST


TEXT: “And He who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do those things that are


pleasing to Him.”  John 8:29


What is there in your life that brings you the greatest pleasure?

That makes you happy? Satisfied? Content?

Is it family? Food? Work well done? Sports? Shopping? Friends?

What brings you the greatest pleasure? Not just a little. Not just some.


What do you think brought Jesus the greatest pleasure?

The relationship He had with the disciples?

The feeding of the 5,000?

The healing of the man born blind?

The triumphant entry into Jerusalem?


Oh no, none of those things! In everything He did and every word He spoke and every deed He performed --- His main goal was to glorify and please the Father! 


At His public baptism, God the Father said, “this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” The Father was pleased with the Son because everything the Son did was to please the Father!


Do you want to please God? Then, walk and live by faith!

Hebrews 11:6 states that “without faith, it is impossible to please God!”

Jesus always did that which was pleasing to the Father!

Do we? Can we say that? 


An old hymn called “Satisfied with Jesus” has these lines for a verse:

I am satisfied with Jesus, 

He has done so much for me.

He has suffered to redeem me

He has died to set me free


I am satisfied, I am satisfied

I am satisfied with Jesus 

But the question comes to me 

As I think of Calvary

Is my Master satisfied with me?

Gaither Vocal Band - Satisfied [Live] 


No comments:

Post a Comment