Sunday, June 21, 2020

10 THINGS MY DAD TAUGHT ME!

Today is Father’s Day, June 21, 2020 and in America it is a time to remember our Dads. My father died the day after Thanksgiving in 1989 at the age of 66 and I vividly remember that day. I am so grateful that God placed me in that family and today I honor him. My Dad taught me a lot of things:

1.    The value of hard work.
2.    The importance of getting an education.
3.    The value of a budget and money.
4.    The way to take care of aging parents.
5.    How to love your wife.
6.    The significance of family and how to be a father.
7.    The priority of church.
8.    How to play ball and ride a bike.
9.    Importance of loving and serving your country.
10. Absolute value of knowing and serving Christ!

I could bore you with stories and details of all the above but I will spare you that! He was:

Auto mechanic. Civil servant. City Council. Mayor. President of South Carolina Municipal Association. Deacon. Sunday School Teacher. Sunday School Director. Employer. Brother. Son. Son in law. Brother in law. Soldier. Husband. Friend.

But most of all, he was a wonderful father. And … he embodied all that he taught. He lived and died a godly man. And today I simply say, “thank you, LORD” for James W. Blackwood, Sr.

1 comment: