Friday, June 5, 2020

SPIRITUAL WARFARE

I am a Christian and unashamedly affirm that truth. I believe in and have committed my life to serving Jesus Christ. The Christian life has never been easy. As a matter of fact, it has always been hard. Spiritual conflict is a reality in my life and is a battle I face every day.

Just how does that work?
Well, I allow certain thoughts to enter my mind that should not be there.
All spiritual conflicts begin in the mind!
Thoughts such as and for example:

“Why don’t you just quit preaching?
You are too old, fat and ugly! (Really?)
You are unable to relate to contemporary society.
Nobody really cares about that stuff but you.
Slow down…you’re killing yourself.
The world has passed you by.
Let somebody else do it. You have served your time.
This Jesus stuff will drive you crazy.
You are NOT making a difference in anybody’s life.”

But I know that those thoughts are not from God. How do I know that?
Because I know what the Bible says. And how God thinks about all that.
I know what Jesus said in the New Testament.

Weapons of spiritual warfare are found In Ephesians 6:10-20.
Those weapons are used by faith.  Ephesians 6:16
Without faith it is impossible to please God.  Hebrews 11:6
Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.  Romans 10:17

Therefore, I live, to fight another day!  I John 4:4 says “greater is He who is in you, than he who is in the world.” And this is the victory that overcomes the world --- our faith! (I John 5:4)

1 comment: