Tuesday, June 23, 2020

SAVED! SAVED!

There is an old hymn we used to sing in church entitled “Saved! Saved!”
First verse goes like this:

I’ve found a friend who is all to me
His love is ever true
I love to tell how He lifted me
And what His grace can do for you

Chorus:
Saved, by His power divine, Saved, to new life sublime
Life now is sweet and my joy is complete
For I’m Saved! Saved! Saved!

I am in that kind of mood today. Grateful that a sovereign God chose me in Christ before the foundation of the world and that, in time, He sent His Spirit to draw me unto Himself. (Ephesians 1:4-6) And to convict me of my sin and lostness and my need of a Savior. Grateful that His grace led me to repent and turn to Him for forgiveness.

We are not saved to just do nothing.
We are not saved to sit and soak.
We are saved to serve the King and be a responsible member of the King’s family!
Assurance is manifested in our lives as we serve Him!
Perseverance is part and parcel of the salvation experience.

Dr. Adrian Rogers, now with the Lord, once said that “The faith that fizzles before the finish had a flaw from the first!” Press on, my Christian brothers and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment