Thursday, March 25, 2021

Tears of Grief

 TEARS OF GRIEF

We previously discussed the fact that it is ok to cry. One of the times that many of us shed tears is when we lose our loved ones in death. There are no tears like the tears of sorrow.


Those tears have a somberness and a ring of finality to them.

It hurts to lose our loved ones in death.

Even when we know that they are saved and have lived a blessed life and are with Jesus.

It hurts to the core of our being.


I wept when my Dad died in 1989.

I wept when my Mother died in 2011.

I admit it. I cried. I wept. I was sorrowful.

I spoke at both their funerals.


Some have buried brothers and sisters.

And some have had to bury their children with unimaginable loss!


Those are the times in our lives when we need grace and comfort and peace that comes only from God. The Lord will enable you and strengthen you to bury your loved ones. Yes, it is hard. Yes, it hurts. Yes, we weep. But the Lord has promised to meet our needs and to enable us to live for HIm in the midst of our loss. Philippians 4:13, 19.


One day at a time! Healing does come! Over time. And it comes from the Lord!


Tears are a Language God Understands - Heritage Singers  


No comments:

Post a Comment