Friday, September 18, 2020

WEEK 4 DAY 2

 DAY # 2: THE COMMAND TO PRAY


MEMORY VERSE: “Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.”  Jeremiah 33:3


When I was a little boy, I was assigned different chores, responsibilities around the house. Chores such as cutting the grass weekly or whenever it needed cutting. Taking out the trash. Keeping my room clean. Those things were not options. They were not things I could do if I felt like it. They were requirements for my continued existence.


Prayer is somewhat like that. For the Christian prayer is not an option. It is not something you do when you feel like it. Prayer is not like going through a buffet bar. We must talk to God because we are always the benefactors of such activity.


Benefits of prayer? Glad you asked! When we obey the command, the benefits come rolling in:


Overcomes discouragement > Luke 18:1

Produces perseverance > Ephesians 6:18

Removes anxiety > Philippians 4:6-7

Provides the necessary things > James 4:2 and Matthew 6:33


And then, look at that great memory verse again in Jeremiah 33:3.


Check out Elvis at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSU_nCYvOeU 


All questions and comments to:  jblackwood1946@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment