Sunday, September 20, 2020

WEEK 4 DAY 4

 DAY FOUR: THE CONTENT OF OUR PRAYERS


MEMORY VERSE: “Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.”   Jeremiah 33:3


Prayer is simply communicating with God. You can pray kneeling, standing, bowing down, sitting or walking. With your eyes closed or shut. The specific or particular position in prayer is not an issue.


Let me give you an acrostic that has been of value to me. I am not sure of the origin but I do know it works! It is called ACTS:


A = Adoration > Hebrews 13:15 and Psalm 34:1-3


C = Confession > I John 1:7-9


T = Thanksgiving > I Thessalonians 5:18 and Philippians 4:6


S = Supplication > has two parts > first one is intercession > praying for others

I Timothy 2:1 says intercession is to be made for all men. All people.

Second part of supplication is petition > praying for specific things > James 1:5


PRAY if we feel like it.

PRAY when we don’t feel like it.

PRAY until we do feel like it!


God deserves our praises and demands our prayers!


“I Love You, Lord”

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=IKF7sBxv1-o&list=RDAMVMIKF7sBxv1-o 


All questions and comments to:  jblackwood1946@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment