Tuesday, September 29, 2020

WEEK 5 DAY 6

 DAY # 6: LORDSHIP AND OBEDIENCE


MEMORY VERSE: 


Lordship and obedience to Christ are inseparable. Jesus said in John 14:23-24 that if you love Him, you will keep His commandments. Obedience is the underlying truth of what Lordship is all about. Some attitudes listed below demonstrate how many people think about real Lordship. Take time to evaluate these for yourself and see where you are:


“I am going to do what I want, no matter what God wants.”


“If God will give me what I want first, then I will give Him an equal exchange.”


“If God will give me what I want first, then I will give God what He wants.”


“I will give God what He wants first, then, in faith, I believe that He will give me what I want.”


“I will give God whatever He wants first, whenever He wants it and however I can give it --- regardless of whether He gives me what I want. He gave it all in the gift of His Son.”


Four of the above are silly and nothing but sheer veiled obedience. Only one exemplifies true Lordship. Can you pick out that one?


There is no fence riding. No in between. Either you are obedient to the Lord or you are disobedient!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ0YhGmZ4jY = Jesus is Lord of All - Keith Green

Direct all comments & questions to:  jblackwood1946@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment