Thursday, July 2, 2020

WILL THERE BE DOGS IN HEAVEN?

Most of us and I would even say a majority of us, have had pets at one time or another in our lives. Pets are good for people. They bring us lots of joy and true companionship. They love us unconditionally and we have a very special relationship with our pets. They have earned the title of “man’s best friend.” That is rare company, indeed.

But, like people, pets unfortunately die. And we wonder > is there really a doggie heaven? Will I ever see Rover or Lassie or Katie or Snoopy again? Have you ever wondered about that? Humorist Will Rogers once said ”if there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where the dogs are.”

Here is some food for thought:

God has a special affection for animals because He created them!
They don’t have eternal souls like people.
Isaiah 11:6 says “the wolf shall lie down with the lamb ... and a little child shall lead the.”

John Piper, author and theologian has written:

As I knelt beside the brook
To drink eternal life, I took
A glance across the golden glass
And saw my dog, old Blackie, fast
As she could come. She leaped the stream,
Almost, and what a happy gleam
Was in her eye, I knelt to drink
And knew that I was on the brink
Of endless joy and everywhere
I turned, I saw a wonder there.

I miss Sandy, Ticker, Babes, Sam, Bo, Buster, and Champ!
I believe there will be dogs in heaven! I believe God loves dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment